4 Nights – Kochi and Kerala Houseboat Tour
This short luxury tour combines Kochi formerly known as Cochin one of India’s most interesting small cities known for its colourful history of Dutch, Portuguese and British colonial heritage with a private riceboat tour through the scenic backwaters of Kerala, home to a distinct way of life.
Oct 2016 to March 2017 £1224 pps
Day 01 – Arrive Kochi
Day 02 – Kochi
Day 03 – Kochi – Alleppey (Houseboat)
Day 04 – Alleppey (Houseboat)
Day 05 – Houseboat – Kochi – Onward Journey
Sightseeing & transfers as mentioned.
English speaking local guides.
Internal flights to and from Kochi
A wondeful short extension to any of our India wildlife tours, a splash of colour, Indian culture and traditional Keralan village life.
DAY 01 ARRIVE KOCHI
On your arrival at the airport and after clearing customs & immigration if arriving fropm overseas, our representative will meet and escort you to the Malabar House Hotel. where you will be staying in a roof garden room
Kochi (colonial name Cochin) is a vibrant city situated on the south-west coast of the Indian peninsula in the breathtakingly scenic and prosperous state of Kerala, hailed as ‘God’s Own Country’. Its strategic importance over the centuries is underlined by the sobriquet Queen of the Arabian Sea. Informally, Kochi is also referred to as the Gateway to Kerala. For more information on Kochi visit our Kochi page.
Stay overnight at Kochi. 2 nights at Malabar House (Roof garden room) (B)
DAY 02 KOCHI
After breakfast proceed on a guided tour of Cochin visiting Fort Cochin, Jewish town, Dutch Palace (Mattancherry), and the Chinese fishing nets.
Moving northwest from Mattancherry Palace along Bazaar Road, you pass wholesale emporia where owners, sitting behind scales surrounded by sacks of spices, may well be prepared to talk about their wares. Keep walking in a northerly direction, over the canal and then westwards into Fort Cochin. The architecture of the quiet streets in this enclave is very definitely European, with fine houses built by wealthy British traders, and Dutch cottages with split farm house doors. At the water’s edge there’s a bus stand, boat jetty and food and drinks stalls
In the evening visit Kathkali Dance Theatre for live performance of famous Kathkali Dance show. Kathakali is a traditional dance form of Kerala and the impressive facial expressions, hand gestures and dance moves will leave one spellbound.
Stay overnight at Kochi (B).
DAY 03 KOCHI – KERALA HOUSEBOAT
After breakfast drive to Alleppey and board your private houseboat.
Kottayam(Alleppey), is the embarkation point for the riceboats which are known locally as Kettuvallam. Fringing the coast of Kerala and winding far inland is a vast network of lagoons, lakes, rivers and canals. These backwaters represent a unique geographical formation and are the basis of a distinct and fascinating lifestyle. Cruising slowly through these backwaters is one of life’s great travel experiences.
Stay overnight on the Houseboat (B, L, D).
DAY 04 ALLEPPEY – KERALA HOUSEBOAT
Full day to relax on your houseboat.
Stay overnight in houseboat.
DAY 05 HOUSEBOAT – KOCHI – ONWARD JOURNEY
Breakfast on board.
Start Cruising on board houseboat passing through lush green spice plantation areas and local villages.
Disembark at around 10:00 and drive to Kochi.
Transfer to Kochi Airport to board the flight for onward journey.
Subject to availability we will use the following hotel for our guests
|Kochi / 2 nights (B)
Houseboat / 2 nights (B,L,D)
|Malabar House (Roof Garden)
Kumarakom Lake Resort Houseboat
STANDARD CHECK IN TIME IS 14:00 HRS AND CHECK OUT TIME IS 12:00 NOON AT MOST OF THE HOTELS.
B = Bed & Breakfast
L = Lunch
D = Dinner
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis at hotels mentioned above or in similar category in their standard rooms unless otherwise specified.
- Meals as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch & D=Dinner). Meals as specified above in the itinerary.
- Services of Air Conditioned Toyota Innova for transfer, sightseeing and drive.
- Services of English speaking local guide in Kochi.
- Kathkali dance show in Kochi.
- Entrance fee to the places of visit including ASI monuments.
- Mineral Water during all transfers, drives & sightseeing.
- Airport transfers in Kochi
- Assistance at airports/railway station and at the hotels at the time of check in/out in all the major cities.
- 3.09% Service Tax on Total Bill.
What’s not included:
- Any airfare (internal airfare supplement quoted separately)
- Any insurance
- Visa fee to India
- Any other meal than what is specified above in inclusion or anything else not mentioned above in inclusion.
- Any services of accompanied escort (supplement advised, if required).
- Any expenditure of personal nature like TIPPING, tabled drinks (mineral water other than what mentioned in inclusion above), laundry, telephone calls, à la carte meals, still/video camera fee if any, etc.
- Any expenses incurred due to any unforeseen situation or any other reason beyond our control like natural calamity/acts of god, change in government tax policy etc.